- Add a precise title for each advert;
- Make sure you add a brief and clear description without any false information;
- Every advert should contain unique images taken by you without any contact information or watermarks;
- Make sure you choose an appropriate category.If you mention the wrong category, we may reject your ad;
- The prices of your items must correspond to the actual prices of similar products;
- Indicate correct contact details so that your potential customers can reach you easily. Try to respond to all the incoming calls or call back your customers once it’s possible;
- All posted ads must be located in Kenya;
- Create different adverts. If the ads are identical, we consider them duplicates and may reject them.
Tips for creating an effective ad
If you really want to create a great ad, we highly recommend you following the tips below:
- Use a clear title which includes the name of the item you sell. Try to make your title appealing and eye-catching.
- Set an appropriate price for your item so that the advert is approved. If the price is not relevant, it may be declined. Make sure to carry out some investigation of the prices for a particular item.
- The description of your product must be informative enough and mustn’t contain any false information regarding your unit.
- Upload only unique and high-quality photos of your items taken by yourself and not downloaded from the Internet. The better photos you add, the more attractive your ad looks to the potential clients and the more calls you receive.
- Indicate correct contact details for the potential clients to be able to reach you easily. Try to respond all the incoming calls or to call back your customers once available.
- Try to fill out all the fields of your profile page, as well as those of your advert, to let your customers dispose of all the necessary information about you as a seller and the products you sell.
- The better rating you have on our website, the more chances you get to attract a lot of clients. Remember that it is important to build trust in your business. Your rating depends on the number of positive/negative feedback received from your previous clients.
- Make your advert as risk-free as possible. Underline that no prepayments are received apart from Thelinks website.
How long will my ads stay on Thelinks?
Your ads remain active on the site for 1 month (since the date of the last renewal) before they are automatically deacivated or until you decide to delete them.
Please note that you can always update your ad if its booked for specific days.
My advert has been declined. Why?
No worries, it can be fixed! Our moderators could decline your ad for several reasons:
- You’ve tried to post a few items within one ad. Please post each item separately. We have a rule: 1 ad = 1 unit
- You’ve posted nudity pictures or images containing contact details, watermarks, etc. Please, remove them and add real photos of the item you intend to sell.
- You’ve set an irrelevant price. Make sure to carry out some investigation of market value and input a fair price for your unit.
Make the required edits and click on the “Post ad” button. If everything is fine, your ad will be live within an hour or two.