Frequently Asked Questions
How to post an advert on Thelinks?
- Click on Post your Ad
- Complete all the information about your items such as title, category, region, description, and price, and add photos (at least three photos are needed.).
- After filling out the required fields, click on the “Post” button.
- Once you post your ad, you will be immediately redirected to our Check out page.
- Your advert will be published shortly once the moderation process is completed.
- Once your advert is live, you will receive a notification email.
- Be ready to receive numerous incoming calls from your potential buyers.
Good luck with your sales!
There are several reasons why your ad can be placed on hold by our moderators:
- You tried to post several items within one ad. It is not allowed to do that. Each item for sale must be posted separately, one ad - one product. Please follow this simple rule so that your ad is activated shortly.
- The pictures you've uploaded contain contact numbers. We do not allow posting this kind of photo. Please add pics that don't have any phone numbers for your ads to go active on Thelinks.
- There are certain restrictions concerning prices users might set. Please, input an appropriate price for your advert to be approved. If the price is not relevant, it may be declined. Make sure to carry out some investigation of a market value of an item you intend to sell.
- Our moderators will review your ad very carefully and if all the fields are filled out correctly, it will be activated shortly.
- You can find your advert on our website only when it is approved by our moderators.
- You will get a notification email when your advert is active. If there is something wrong with your advert, you will be notified about that and all the mistakes will be specified so that you can edit your advert correspondingly.
- After publishing your advert, you can edit it again if needed and repost it. Once done, your advert undergoes moderation before being activated on the website.
- You can delete or close your advert any time you want. You just have to click on Close button placed under the ad or click on the cross placed on the top right corner of the ad.
- You shouldn’t publish adverts of the same content. They will be considered duplicates by our moderators and won’t go active on the website.
- You can always manage your ads by logging in to your Jiji account and clicking on My Adverts.
- Every advert must have a precise title.
- Every advert should contain only unique images (taken by the seller and not downloaded from the Internet) without any contact information or watermarks.
- Every advert of cars or phones must contain images.
- Make sure you chose an appropriate category. Be attentive choosing a category for a job proposal and/or a resume.
- The prices of your items must correspond to the real prices of similar products.
- All posted products and/or services must be located in Kenya.
- All items and products must be legally permitted.
- Each item for sale must be posted separately. You cannot post several products within one and the same advert.
- Every advert must contain a brief and clear description.